Coproduction Office is an international label that produces and sells bold and award-winning films. Its sister company Briefmarken Weine is one of Berlin’s best wine bars, focusing on artisanal and natural wines paired with authentic Italian bistro cuisine. Film producer Philippe Bober is the founder of both companies and has to date produced thirty-two films by ground-breaking directors. The 2017 Palme d’Or for Ruben Östlund’s THE SQUARE or Roy Andersson’s 2014 Venice Golden Lion are among the important international prizes won by those films.
Coproduction Office is now connecting its know-how in both fields in a unique project: a premium cultural space combining a four-screen arthouse cinema, an exhibition venue, ambitious restaurants and a wine bar, located in Berlin’s city centre in an iconic listed building. We are looking for a future colleague starting as an intern, with the potential of a full-time position as a proactive coordinator for this pioneering interdisciplinary project. The working languages are German and English, in which full working proficiency is required, further languages are beneficial, in particular French or Italian.
Cosmopolitan, lateral thinking, film- and/or wine-loving, and have a positive working attitude. Organisational skills are of importance, as well as precision regarding timelines, grammar, numbers and spreadsheets. Your background can be either in wine, food, cinema, the film industry, real estate development or marketing. Experience in one of these fields, especially in a team leader position, is an advantage.
You will undertake and be responsible for the following duties:
– Coordination of financing applications, follow-up with funds, financiers, projects and clients.
– Preparing a marketing plan and materials.
– General assistance
– Researching new suppliers and communicating with existing ones.
– Compiling documents, in particular spreadsheets and presentations.
– Coordinating tasks and deadlines.
– Organizing media relations and support for the project.
– Working as part of an international and multi-lingual team, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work.
– Obtaining valuable experience from working with our managers as well as with our founder Philippe Bober on a unique project.
– Gaining an overview of different aspects of the company (management, wine bar, film production and film sales).
– The internship is full time, remunerated with 850€ per month and can lead to further employment.
Please send your application (including CV and cover letter) to: . Please also indicate where you saw this post. If shortlisted, interviews will take place either in Berlin, Paris or on Skype. The position is based in Berlin (Mitte / Friedrichshain) and with a start date according to availability.