By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film Industry
Field of expertise: Editing, Post-Production
Paid Internship: Yes, 850€ per month
Duration: 6 months, full time
Start date: Spring 2021
We are looking for a globally minded colleague, who has organizational skills, is result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of ten people, working in a dynamic and international environment. You will assist our Consultant Editor, Benjamin Mirguet, our post-production supervisor Noémie Phillipson and the producer Philippe Bober with the planning of and participation to test screenings, the preparation of editing memos, the editing of demos, EPKs, of the films themselves.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films.
Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-three films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 for THE SQUARE by Ruben Östlund. Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office is actively involved in post-production processes of the films it produces and in particular in the editing process together with their respective directors. Currently three films are in post-production: Ulrich Seidl’s, Michelangelo Frammartino’s, and Ruben Östlund’s.
You will work on the following tasks:
• Planning and coordinating test screenings
• Communicating with the post-production team of each film
• Preparing the transcription of the discussions of the test screenings
• Looking for a prospective test screening audience
• Improving and updating the test screening audience database
• Working alongside the marketing team which includes the editing of trailers.
• Occasionally assisting our consultant editor with editing
• Occasionally editing with the director and editor of the film
• A native or fully fluent English speaker with an excellent command of a second language (German, or Swedish is a plus)
• A cinephile with an interest in films analysis and an ability to formalize ideas
• Able to deal with stress and prioritization
• Proficient with AVID, Premiere, After Effects
• Computer savvy and proficient in virtual workspaces, particularly with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
• Experience with DaVinci Resolve would be a plus
• Equipped with your own editing equipment, preferably Apple
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry
• A perfectionist with attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
• Flexible with a proactive skill set
• Gain valuable experience about editing while following the evolution of the editing process of three films by major directors, and see the editing’s impact on the audience
• Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company including sales, marketing and production as we are small and flexible company
• Work in a multi-lingual environment with a friendly and motivational atmosphere and engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at ue.ec1611615052iffon1611615052oitcu1611615052dorpo1611615052c@ffa1611615052ts1611615052 (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered). Please also indicate where you saw this post.