- By: Coproduction Office
- Business sector: Film Industry
- Field of expertise: Editing, Post-Production
- Location: Berlin
- Paid Internship: Yes, 1000 – 1200€ brutto / month (est. netto 950 € / month)
- Duration: 6 months, full time
- Start date: as soon as possible
We are looking for a globally minded colleague, who has organizational skills, is result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of ten people, working in a dynamic and international environment. You will assist our Editor, Benjamin Mirguet, and the producer Philippe Bober with the planning of and participation to test screenings, the preparation of editing memos, the editing of demos, EPKs, of the films themselves
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced fourty films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 and 2022 for THE SQUARE and TRIANGLE OF SADNESS by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
The number of staff has tripled in the past four years and Coproduction Office continues to grow as it diversifies its activities (which include a cinema and gastronomy project in Berlin, and increasing its restoration of heritage works). At the forefront of arthouse cinema in Europe, Coproduction Office is an international, dynamic, and motivational workplace which offers its employees support, responsibility, and career progression. At Coproduction Office you will have the opportunity to work closely with films by some of Europe’s most exciting and accomplished directors.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office is actively involved in post-production processes of the films it produces and in particular in the editing process together with their respective directors. Currently three films are in post-production, including Jessica Hausner’s upcoming film.
You will work on the following tasks:
- Planning and coordinating test screenings
- Communicating with the post-production team of each film
- Preparing the transcription of the discussions of the test screenings
- Looking for a prospective test screening audience
- Improving and updating the test screening audience database
- Working alongside the marketing team which includes the editing of trailers.
- Occasionally assisting our editor with editing
- Occasionally editing with the director and editor of the film
- A native or fully fluent English speaker with an excellent command of a second language (German is a plus)
- A cinephile with an interest in films analysis and an ability to formalize ideas
- Able to deal with stress and prioritization
- Proficient with AVID, Premiere, After Effects
- Computer savvy and proficient in virtual workspaces, particularly with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Experience with DaVinci Resolve would be a plus
- Equipped with your own editing equipment, preferably Apple
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry
- A perfectionist with attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Gain valuable experience about editing while following the evolution of the editing process, and see the editing’s impact on the audience
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company including sales, marketing and production as we are small and flexible company
- Work in a multi-lingual environment with a friendly and motivational atmosphere and engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work