Business sector: Film industry, High End Gastronomy
Paid Internship: 1000 – 1200€ brutto / month (est. netto 950 € / month)
Start date: according to availability
6 Month Paid Internship with possible further employment
Coproduction Office is looking forward to welcome a German-speaking Business Affairs Intern who is globally minded, result-oriented, with organizational skills, and have an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of ten people working in our offices in Paris and Berlin in a dynamic and international environment.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. We are looking for a globally minded colleague, who has organizational skills, is result-oriented and has an interest in art-house cinema, to assist our founder and complete our team of 12 people, working in a dynamic and international environment.
Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-two films to date (including SUZHOU RIVER by Lou Ye). The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 and 2022 for THE SQUARE and TRIANGLE OF SADNESS by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
Its sister company Briefmarken Weine is one of Berlin’s best wine bars, focusing on artisanal and natural wines paired with authentic Italian bistro cuisine. Coproduction Office is now connecting its know-how in both fields in a unique project: a premium cultural space combining a four-screen arthouse cinema, an exhibition venue, ambitious restaurants and a wine bar, located in Berlin’s city centre in an iconic listed building.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will assist our founder Philippe Bober and the company CFO Riccardo Molteni with the development of our activities (cinematography, gastronomy and real estate) with:
- Interact with all the departments of Coproduction Office and facilitate the administrative processes
- Participate in the accounting of the companies and be the point of contact with the accounting cabinet, tax advisors, banks, governmental institutions, etc
- Assist in the management of the real estate patrimony
- Participate in the budgeting and reporting tasks related to film production and gastronomy
- Schedule (and occasionally attend) meetings with international partners of various fields (cinema – both clients, suppliers and partners at executive levels. Food & Beverage business, Architecture business, financiers, and more)
- Prepare and follow up for meetings: logistics, recording, transcriptions, to do lists and coordination and implementation of the follow up
- Assist with Philippe Bober’s correspondence and logistics
- Participate (not mandatory) to test screenings of our films
- A native German speaker with an excellent command of English and possible Italian or French (written and spoken)
- A perfectionist, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Passionate of cinema and gastronomy
- Professional in every circumstance
- Both analytical and synthetical
- Flexible with a proactive skill set
- Eloquent and have social skills, are capable of interacting with professionals in different sectors: film industry, public sector, artists
- Proficient in writing memorandums
- Proficient with Excel (and, if possible, with project management tools)
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- A To Do Lists lover
- Able to demonstrate previous experience, or interest in project management, accounting, business administration, finance, legal, organization of complex meetings, and in the film industry / architecture / gastronomy
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company, including sales, partnerships, finance, gastronomy and film production
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
- Obtain valuable experience from working with Philippe Bober on unique projects