6 Month Paid Internship with possible further employment
Coproduction Office is looking forward to welcome a Sales and Marketing intern who is globally minded, result-oriented, with organizational skills, and have an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of twenty people working in Paris and/or Berlin in a dynamic and international environment.
By: Coproduction Office
Business sector: Film Industry
Field of expertise: Sales and Marketing
Location: Berlin and/or Paris
Paid Internship: 1200 € / months (before taxes)
Benefits: Dynamic and international working environment, career progression
Duration: 6 months full time (if enrolled with a school)
Start date: October 2023
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced forty films to date. Most of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 and 2022 for THE SQUARE and TRIANGLE OF SADNESS by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
The number of staff has tripled in the past four years and Coproduction Office continues to grow as it diversifies its activities (which include a cinema and gastronomy project in Berlin, and increasing its restoration of heritage works). At the forefront of arthouse cinema in Europe, Coproduction Office is an international, dynamic, and motivational workplace which offers its employees support, responsibility, and career progression. At Coproduction Office you will have the opportunity to work closely with films by some of Europe’s most exciting and accomplished directors.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will assist our sales and marketing team with some of the following tasks:
- Assist our sales executives with the market preparation and during markets (scheduling meetings, researching distributors, preparing documents and presentations on our films, assisting on the logistics, etc.).
- Follow up with international distributors after the markets (preparing information on films, screeners, and others).
- Search for prospective partners (market studies); improve and update the clients and sales database and contacts list.
- Assist the sales team in the negotiation for film sales, for example by reflecting on selling points and gathering information on a film.
- Assist with the redaction of contracts and other administrative tasks (notarization process, registration of contracts, etc.)
- Follow up with our international distributors to track the films’ releases (release dates, admission numbers, marketing elements).
- Support the management of MEDIA Creative Europe funding, both internally and in collaboration with our European distributors (application and reporting).
- Keep track of expiring contracts and get in touch with distributors to negotiate renewals.
- Assist the sales team in the preparation of sales strategies (reflect on pitching and ideas for retrospectives and collections).
Marketing and Press:
- Research and create bonus material for our films in collaboration with our editors (interviews, behind-the-scenes material, etc.).
- Collect and archive press reviews on our films in multiple languages and suggest press quotes’ selections.
- Participate to test screenings of our films.
- Ensure good communication during the creation of a film’s marketing with the graphic designers, the decision makers, and the printers (for new films and restored titles).
- Improve the marketing elements for catalogue films with our editors and graphic designers (including trailer, poster, stills, extras and pressbook).
- A native or fully fluent English-speaker with an excellent command of German and/or French. Other languages are a plus.
- A perfectionist, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- A cinephile with a strong interest in film distribution and marketing.
- Able to think outside the boxes.
- Precise, Proficient with Excel and databases.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry.
- Flexible with a proactive skill set.
- Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
- Gain an oversight on different aspects of the film industry, including finance and production as we are small and flexible company.
- Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work.
- Obtain valuable experience from working with our sales and marketing team, as well as with our founder Philippe Bober on unique films.
We look forward to receiving your full application with a cover letter in English at firstname.lastname@example.org. (NB Applications without cover letter will not be considered.)