Coproduction Office is looking forward to welcome a
Sales and/or Marketing intern
who is globally minded, result-oriented, with organizational skills, and have an interest in art-house cinema, to complete our team of ten people working in Paris and/or Berlin in a dynamic and international environment.
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-two films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 for THE SQUARE by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
You will assist our sales team and founder Philippe Bober with some of the following tasks:
• Submitting our films to festivals
• Ensuring communication during the creation of a film’s marketing with the graphic designers, the decision makers and the printers
• Searching for prospective customers (market studies) ; improving and updating the client and deal database
• Scheduling meetings for international Markets and festivals
• Following up with international distributors
• Occasionally assisting our founder during festivals and markets (including personal assistance)
• Participating to test screenings of our films
• A native or fully-fluent English-speaker with an excellent command of a second language (German, or Chinese is a plus)
• Proficient with Excel (market studies)
• Eloquent and have social skills, are capable of interacting with film professionals (distributors, festivals, funds, directors..)
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry (a plus)
• A perfectionist, with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Flexible with a proactive skill set
• Computer savvy and proficient in cloud-based applications and virtual workspaces
• Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company, including finance and production as we are small and flexible company
• Work in a multi-lingual environment, in a friendly and motivational atmosphere with engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
• Obtain valuable experience from working with our sales team, as well as with our founder Philippe Bober on unique films